Frozen. No, I don’t mean the weather outside although it would be appropriate during this colder and snowier than normal winter. I’m referring to the Disney movie. If you have kids of any age, I’m sure you’ve seen it. The movie is good, really good. More like a musical complete with Broadway stars playing the main roles. The music is amazing. I’m sure it will be on Broadway within a couple of years. In case you haven’t seen it, below is a scene from the movie.
Sure it’s a great movie,but Frozen has become an obsession in our house. With two girls (10 and 5) I can’t escape it! The sound track plays non-stop, so much so that I wake up in the middle of the night with the songs in my head! In fact our life has turned into one big dramatic musical. Just putting food on the table requires singing and dancing. I’m expected to answer back in song (have you heard me sing- not pretty!).
It’s getting a bit out of hand. Here are some examples with the Frozen obsession in our house. Can you relate to any of this? I sure hope so; we can’t be the only ones!
- My older daughter told me the other day that whenever she shuts her bedroom door and doesn’t let her little sister in, my 5 year old sits outside the door and sings “Do you want to build a snowman…”!
- My 5 year old, Anya, wants to change her name to Anna. She also almost daily tells me that she wishes she had ice powers like Elsa. Not sure why that is so appealing, especially when we have over a foot of snow on the ground right now anyway, but she wants it.
- Our iPad is full of videos of my 5 year old singing to the Frozen soundtrack. They are very dramatic; lots of dancing and hand motions! She knows every single word to the songs.
- My 10 year old and her friends make videos from the sound track as well. These are much more creative, but it definitely the music of choice right now.
- We have attended 2 Frozen birthday parties and have a 3rd coming up. My daughter wants her party to be Frozen-themed as well. Her birthday is in June!
- I’ve been asked if we can get a pet reindeer.
I’m not sure how long this obsession is going to last, but it is definitely the thing of the winter. I guess it’s appropriate though, as we’ve been locked in our own eternal winter. Never-ending cold and snow!
Maybe as the days get warmer our house will move on from Frozen. Until the movie is released in stores…
I leave you with one more song to get stuck in your head all day. You’re welcome.